Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Critique

As with any business, there is going to be a certain degree of negative press that is expected. Everyone is 100% entitled to their own opinions but, without breaking anyone's privacy, I would like to discuss this topic from a more objective standpoint. There are many places where people can go to post comments about their experience. This can be a great thing and produce a feeling of a close community, however, negative energy feeds off of negative energy. I am well aware of the things being said about me and my company. Some concerns are legitimate and come from actual customers who wish something had been done differently with their tail. Some review are from people that I have had personal relationships with that have ended and there is clearly bitterness in their posts. Some reviews are exaggerated in order to gain attention. I have seen people post many pictures of their tail looking fine, try to alter something by themself, create a new problem, and then post negative pictures blaming Mertailor for these problems. Unfortunately, this kind of negative press comes with the territory and is something that I am having to learn how to deal with. This is not uncommon for any business. Most people are far more likely to find a problem in something and speak about it if they see others doing the same, and praise is more rare to come by. I have realized that it is like shopping. You're pushing a shopping cart and you have a squeaky wheel. People are much more likely to complain about the squeaky wheel than to praise the 3 good wheels for having their WD-40 that day. Another example......celebrities have whole magazines where people are waiting for them to mess up and read about it, but millions of people back and support them for a reason.

If you are reading this and just getting to know about me for the first time, or just interested to know more about me, I DO urge you to do your research on me and my company. Research my references, check out who I've worked with, what I've done, and where I've performed. Communicate directly with me and make your own judgement. Mertailor has existed for over 5 years and had hundreds of satisfied customers all over the world. Look into everything and make sure you see the whole track record, not just the squeaky wheel.

I look forward to talking to you soon.
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment