Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mermaid Revolution

Nine years ago I started a revolution with the world of mermaids at the age of 12 because of a childhood dream. Shortly after, many others started to come out of the wood works to live the same dream. There is a reason why Mertailor is still swimming strong today. We all have to start somewhere. I started at Weeki Wachee Springs and from falling in love with the famous mermaid flick "Splash". I can still see my first mermaid encounter in my mind when I when I was only 4 years old. It seems many individuals have forgotten where they started. It has also come to my attention that many people who I use to be involved with, friendship wise, work related wise, or whatever the case may be, have forgotten the true meaning behind the mermaid dream. This is very upsetting to me. I truly believe that many individuals have let unnecessary drama, exaggerated stories, made up lies, and plain old childlike behavior take over the mermaid community. Not only has it taken over the community, but it has also lowered the integrity of certain individuals. It's not just the the tail makers, but it's also the professional mermaids, mermen, and customers of  the tail makers. Whether or not someone wants to believe this, it is very true. "I had a a dream", just like Martin Luther King. I came into this world because I wanted to follow my dreams and make other dreams alike come true. I wanted to show everyone that you can do whatever it is that you want to do as long as you put forth the effort to make it happen. That is what I have done. I use to be made fun of by children and adults because I wore a tail. But I did not let that stop me. I don't know what "No" means, and I will not take as an answer. I have made plenty of mistakes in my career as a business person and individual, but I have fixed and continue to fix my mess ups. If they are my mess ups. If you're seriously involved with the mermaid community am sure you have seen this. It's very unfortunate that I have worked very hard over the years to create what I call my perfect product. To have others come along and try to duplicate it and show my trade secrets is just wrong. This is why Mertailor is creating an entire new product line of mermaid tails, accessories, jewelry, etc. All of these designs and products will be copyrighted materials. It is very sad that it has had to come to this point. But, it's out with the old and in with the new. When the new product line is released, I will be creating a video which will show my trade secrets of how I have created my realistic latex mermaid tails over the years. Mertailor will continue to take mermaids to the next level. Thanks for all of my followers, customers, friends, and performers who have supported the creations of Eric Ducharme for the past 9 years. Mertailor is getting ready to create another revolution to the mermaid world. Stay tuned! I am sure you will want to be along for the ride. 


- Eric AKA the Mertailor 

No comments:

Post a Comment